Many people new to gardening start with containers. The Container Gardening Guide has been directed by Garden Making Editor-in-chief Beckie Fox to appeal both to new gardeners and experienced hands looking for some new plant combinations to try out.
This is your complete guide on container gardening. If you're using containers for foliage and flowers for your entrance, porch or patio, or to grow fruits or vegetables, get this guide. There are recommended, proven recipes to create your own stunning containers.
This 100-page Container Gardening Guide provides:
- 50+ recipes for creating stunning containers
- Beautiful photography
- Helpful information about choosing pots, soil and plants
- Advice on growing edibles
- How to garden on balconies
- When to feeding and water your container plants
The Guide is divided into four sections:
1. Getting Started
- Ready, set grow!
- Choosing Containers
- Choosing the soil
- Combining plants
2. Recipes for 50+ inspiring combos
3. Design themes
- Specialized container gardens
- Gardens for balconies
- Edible gardens
4. How to
- Planting methods
- Watering your containers
- Feeding your containers
- Ongoing care
- Over-wintering plants
Created and published in Canada in 2012.